Forbidden Authors
Find these and More
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Have yourself a Merry Zombie Christmas...

EXCERPT

I lowered my gaze to the red carpet. It blurred as thoughts of having watched a blockbuster movie in this very place returned to my mind. How could life change in a single instant without so much as an explanation?

“Are you all right?”

I looked up, startled. Larry stood over me. He’d stayed behind while the others prepared to leave.

“As all right as I can be in such a crazy situation,” I answered truthfully.

He knelt down in front of me, eyes fixed on mine. “I know you’re scared. We all are. Well, maybe not Sharon.” He stopped long enough to chuckle. “But I can tell you that I’m terrified at what we may find outside this movie theatre, or out there in the city streets. But, Jess, all we can do is try, see what happens when we get out. We can’t stay here anymore.”

“I know, but it’s terrifying to realize what we’re about to do could cost us our lives.”

He nodded. “That’s true, but staying here would do the same, although I believe we all survived for a reason.”

I was convinced my survival was a pure coincidence, yet looking into his deep blue eyes, the passion this man held for fate attached itself to me. “Maybe you were right before.”

“About what?”

“About us meeting on this day no matter what,” I answered. My heart beat faster but it had nothing to do with the dangers that lay ahead. The undeniable attraction between this man and me was really taking a grip.

Larry grabbed a strand of dark hair that had escaped from my ponytail. His fingertips rubbed the end for a few seconds, before he pushed it back behind my ear.

“Let’s face this together, you and me.” He winked.

“You and me,” I echoed.

Larry stood up, held out both of his hands in front of him. I put mine in his and allowed him to help me up. It was amazing, but as I stood there with my hands still in his, the others seemed to blend into the darkness.

Suddenly there was only us, two strangers who’d met and instantly clicked. In spite of the odds stacked against us, I wished he’d pull me in for an embrace or a kiss. The thought made my stomach fill with butterflies. But Larry didn’t do anything. He just stood there and held my hands in his, with his gaze pinned on mine.

When I looked away from his penetrating gaze, all eyes were on us.


You can read more HERE.

Labels:

posted by Yolanda Sfetsos @ 12:12 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Us

Forbidden Publications


Check us Out
Previous Post
Archives
Contests 
  • Forbidden Publications
Contests and Winners
  • Forbidden Publications
Design  by

 Moonglade Designs

BLOGGER