Forbidden Authors
Find these and More
Monday, December 10, 2007

Kate's Song: Awakening


Kate's Song began with a journey of discovery for Katie Kitchens. It led her through a fairytale childhood filled with love and understanding, to a magical rekindling of a love lost for six years. Magical and fascinating for her after years of confusion and disappointment.


Now though, comes Kate's Song: Awakening, the conclusion to Katies' story. Magic and Love are destroyed by an unpleasant truth and her decisions affect all around her. She discovers a new direction, a new understanding of herself, a new love that has never been far away.

Kate's Song: Awakening Available at http://www.forbiddenpublications.com/

An Authorized Excerpt:

It was just past noon and the day was turning into a scorcher. Kate sat with her back to the willow tree that she and her grandfather had planted. Even with the shade, the combination of humidity and heat brought perspiration and discomfort.

"Katie, can we talk?"

"Not that it will do any good, but okay, talk." Kate sullenly stared out across the water.

"I'm sorry, Katie. I know saying that seems trite after all that's happened, but it's the truth. I messed up. Even with the feelings I have for you, I got scared of the speed everything was moving and I bailed. I can never make up for the pain I must have caused you, and I know you will never forget that I did it. I guess I'm asking you to give me another chance. I want you in my life. I love you, Katie. Please let me prove it." Jim stood and waited for the onslaught of her reply.

"I'm sorry too, Jimmy. I can't love you the way you want me to. I can't trust that you will not have another fit of fear and run off again. You and I had a wonderful time together. Let's remember that and leave all the other to heal in its own time. You made a decision for whatever reason, and I made mine. Love died in that hospital. I just want to keep the friendship alive.

"A lot has happened to us both. I'll know for sure after I visit my doctor next week, but I think I'm pregnant. You are the father, and that puts another decision on your list. If I am pregnant, I want you to be part of the baby's life, a big part of her life Jimmy, as her father. How involved you get; still another decision for you.

"Jimmy?"

"Yeah."

"Though you messed up, you are still the friend I grew up with. Please be a father to this baby. For me and for her." Kate pulled the young man into a hug and gently kissed him.

Frank and Natalie watched as Kate and Jim talked. Their granddaughter seemed to have gained an inner strength. They saw the interplay of a man and woman confessing truths and baring emotions to the other. Natalie's heart soared when Kate appeared to accept what she was being told and plummet as the expression on Jim Phillip's face kept changing when Katie had her turn to speak. She watched her granddaughter rise from the ground, embrace and kiss Jim Phillips gently. Sadly, it was clear to Natalie that her granddaughter was saying good-bye.

The young man's demeanor was one of acceptance and determination. He stood erect and held his head high walking around the side of the house and out of sight. Jim would survive and go on with his life.
posted by A.C. Croom @ 11:09 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Us

Forbidden Publications


Check us Out
Previous Post
Archives
Contests 
  • Forbidden Publications
Contests and Winners
  • Forbidden Publications
Design  by

 Moonglade Designs

BLOGGER