Forbidden Authors
Find these and More
Friday, February 29, 2008
Fantasy and Serendipity


I've always loved making up stories. It's in my blood. I've been making up stories since before I even knew how to write them down. In the first grade I would pretend that the ivy-covered gate leading out of the soccer field was a doorway to a magical land full of fantastic creatures, and I would tell all my friends that we had to go there to help so-and-so save the realm from whoever... You can imagine how this went over with my "normal" friends. Sure it was all fun and games when we were in first grade, but when sixth came around and all of them were chasing boys while I was playing in an invisible land... I still remember the looks they gave me. What I still find humorous is how it didn't bother me. They made fun of me and spread around the school that Brieanna had imaginary friends when she was eleven years old. Kids would come up and be like, "you talk to imaginary people?" I remember looking at them like THEY were insane and saying, "Yeah." With no qualms, no fear of being made fun of. I couldn't understand why they didn't. I thought everyone had people in their head.

That was the beginning of it all. I've been writing ever since.

My life has been anything but ordinary. It's been full of craziness and chaos and things that people tell me they only read about in books. So, of course I use my own experiences as inspiration for my novels. My contemporary series of books, the Serendipity Series, revolves around the out of ordinary and bizarre things that can happen in life. I love people and I love the way they work. I am very interested in psychology, the make up of the human mind and human emotions. I am also deeply dedicated to the motto that everyone should be true to who they are. These are all themes that run through my Serendipity Series. The books are about real people in real life, dealing with real problems with, of course, humor thrown in. Without humor, life would be much too depressing.

But one can only spend so much time in the real world before they need an escape. So my real love is, and always has been, fantasy. There is so much free reign in fantasy. The whole world can be your playground and I thrive on that. Anything is possible. Shape-shifters, fairies, dragons, mysterious realms, dark heros and strong, sword-weilding heroines. All of these and more are found in my fantasy worlds. They keep my imagination fresh and active. I would live in that world if I could.

So tell me, what genre do you prefer? Life in the real world? Or life amongst the extraordinary? Post a comment and share your thoughts.

Also, feel free to check out my website and learn more about me and my books www.brieannarobertson.com

posted by Brieanna_Robertson @ 11:09 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 12:45 PM, Blogger Anastasia Rabiyah said…

    I have people in my head too, Brie, sometimes things that aren't exactly human, so I know how you feel. You sound a lot like me in your younger years.

    The creativity can't be shut off and most of the time, in all honesty, I'd rather it not get shut off at all. I like it in my head with all those fascinating tales.

    I don;t tend to write life in the real world stories, but I love reading yours. You have a knack for creating characters I care about and want to see grow and change and be who they truly need to be!

    Much love,
    Ana

     
  • At 9:05 PM, Blogger A.C. Croom said…

    Hi Brieanna

    For me real life holds the extraordinary as well as the mundane. It's all good. It's all beautiful. Thank You

     
  • At 4:37 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Brieanna,
    I write about real life because I have control in my stories. That's the best part about writing.

    Sandy

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Us

Forbidden Publications


Check us Out
Previous Post
Archives
Contests 
  • Forbidden Publications
Contests and Winners
  • Forbidden Publications
Design  by

 Moonglade Designs

BLOGGER