Forbidden Authors
Find these and More
Friday, February 29, 2008
Enter My Worlds!

Why do I write?

Maybe to keep me sane? Or maybe to create a world that I can control, although I find my characters at times have minds of their own.

Writing is always a form of self expression. Sometimes we write to let others know what is going on inside of us. Sometimes it's an indirect way of letting others know that there are so many different facets of our personality.

I write for the sheer enjoyment of it. I love to take an idea and see it grow and continue go grow. Before I know it I've created a brand new world.

Writing lets me exist in a different world from my own. Especially when I write erotic romances. I experience a freedom that I probably would not permit myself to live in reality. But fantasy is just that, where our minds can go into those "interesting" places. Where we create interesting worlds.

And considering the state of our world at the moment, I am thankful that I can escape for a little while into those places where my characters -- future and present-- live.

And the best part I can help others escape for a while as well!

Marie Roy
Enter my worlds
Marie Roy's Website
Collette Thomas Website
posted by Collette Thomas @ 7:16 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 2:27 AM, Blogger Anastasia Rabiyah said…

    Cheers to escaping to new worlds!
    Thanks for sharing why you write.
    *hugs*
    Ana

     
  • At 9:00 PM, Blogger A.C. Croom said…

    That's such a wonderful way to describe the journey we all make Marie. Thank You

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    I agree about the shape the world is in Marie. It does help to escape now and then.

    Sandy

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Us

Forbidden Publications


Check us Out
Previous Post
Archives
Contests 
  • Forbidden Publications
Contests and Winners
  • Forbidden Publications
Design  by

 Moonglade Designs

BLOGGER