Forbidden Authors
Find these and More
Sunday, March 02, 2008
Calabacitas for Dinner
Anyone who knows me, knows I don't like to cook. It's a crap shoot for me except when I make desserts. That's about the only sure thing for me in the kitchen: brownies, pies, cinnamon rolls...all from scratch, really. Once in a while though, I can make a consistent dinner. (If it's easy to make!)

Here's one of my favorite recipes and it's also vegetarian. A lady named Linda who I used to work with brought me calabacitas every so often to share at lunch. She got me addicted and taught me how to make it.

If you're looking for authentic Mexican food you can whip up with ingredients from the local grocery store, give this a try.

Calabacitas (Little squash)

6 small zucchini, sliced
1 small package of frozen corn or 2 cans of corn (drained)
1 medium onion choppped fine
1 large tomato diced
1 package of shredded cheddar cheese (I use 12 ounces)
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste if desired

1 package of a dozen large flour tortillas
margarine

Heat olive oil in sauce pan or deep skillet over medium heat. Fry onions until glossy. Add sliced zucchini, tomato, corn, and cook covered until all vegetable are done. (No crunchy zucchinis in this dish!)
Add cheese and stir in until melted. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from stove.

Butter one side of each tortilla with a butterknife. In large skillet, heat each tortilla on both sides.

Wrap the calabacita mixture in the tortillas burrito style and enjoy.

One of the reasons I love this dish is its simplicity. Also, my kids always ask for seconds and that's a rare thing when I cook. It's really yummy as leftovers the next day too, if you're lucky enough to have any leftover that is!

Anastasia Rabiyah
Dark Fantasy
Erotic Romance
Fine me on the web at: RabiyahBooks.com

Labels:

posted by Anastasia Rabiyah @ 3:40 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Us

Forbidden Publications


Check us Out
Previous Post
Archives
Contests 
  • Forbidden Publications
Contests and Winners
  • Forbidden Publications
Design  by

 Moonglade Designs

BLOGGER