Forbidden Authors
Find these and More
Friday, April 04, 2008
Vampires on a Friday

Ah Friday, what better way to spend the day than watching the plumber snake the main sewer line for tree roots? Gotta love an old house with all its quirks and expensive repairs. I can't wait until our new house is built where I can sit back, relax, and enjoy the "new house" quirks it will have.

This week I've been keeping myself busy. I turned in the final copy of Brieanna Robertson's Beyond Wild Imaginings. Great e-book that will eventually release at Forbidden Publications. It's all about an author whose in a slump because her long-time boyfriend dumped her after she got in a bad car accident. Writer's block and the general slovenliness of a person whose hit rock bottom take over her life...that is until someone from her childhood returns for an unexpected visit. For anyone who had an imaginary friend as a kid, this one's for you. I read it in three nights flat. Couldn't put it down. I love Brieanna's easy, comical and heart-touching style. If you've never read her tales, you're missing out.

I also finished the first pass of edits on Eden's Seed by Damien Peck, my Scottish author. Fabulous tale about a "seed" from ancient times with the ability to make people immortal and the nasty fight to control it. A powerful pharmaceutical company wants to be the sole provider and blackmails all the other big players for rights of use. Mr. Peck will take you on a dangerous quest with this one, all over the world to chase down Eden's Seed.

I've been creating cover art and if you're curious to see my latest, stop by my web site at: RabiyahBooks.com and check out the Art page. I design covers for loveyoudivine, Forbidden Publications and just recently, Amira Press. By far this is one of my most enjoyable tasks in my writing endeavors. By the age of five I knew I wanted to be an artist. Hubbie says I'm a starving artist. Good thing he can cook.

I've most recently been bitten by an old muse from the days when I first began toying with adult literature. The piece I'm currently binge writing is called Blood Angel and it's been promised to Yvette at Amira Press. I'm hoping to reach 30K words by the end of this week and get it subbed to her. It's all about Angela, a young woman with a rough life and a mean mom. Unfortunately, Angela draws the eye of a vampire who thinks of himself as her guardian angel. With the best of intentions and the worst of actions, he steals her away from her life and tries to keep her all to himself. I'm at 17K as of today and about to plunge into writing more on it after Mr. Plumber Man leaves.

I'll leave you with a quote and silly note about myself:

"You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." -Wayne Gretzky (1961 - )
Canadian NHL coach and retired ice hockey player

When I was in high school, I thought Wayne Gretsky was a BABE! *drools* Apparently this lady does too:


So how has your Friday been?
posted by Anastasia Rabiyah @ 1:03 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Tara S Nichols said…

    Oh I laughed so hard at your vampire rodents!

    My friday was lame. No Wayne Gretsky, no sewer activities, just data entry and removal. ugh. But happy Saturday!

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger Anastasia Rabiyah said…

    Happy Saturday back at ya, Tara! Data entry and removal. Eek. That reminds me that I need to do work in Quickbooks. *muse taps foot and scowls* Erm, yeah, just as soon as I finish this tale I'm writing. *muse flashes fangs* Okay, writing it now. Promise! Gah, she's so pushy...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Us

Forbidden Publications


Check us Out
Previous Post
Archives
Contests 
  • Forbidden Publications
Contests and Winners
  • Forbidden Publications
Design  by

 Moonglade Designs

BLOGGER