Forbidden Authors
Find these and More
Friday, March 28, 2008
Roasted Elephant

"Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do." -John Wooden (1910 - ) Hall of Fame basketball coach for UCLA, won a record 10 NCAA men's championships.

That's a good one. I need to read that every day I think. I often get discouraged when I look at the tasks before me--so many daunting projects--that I lose sight of the old addage I try to live by. "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time."

Okay yeah, who the heck wants to eat an elephant? Thing is, I like a lot of stuff to do. I get bored easily and tend to binge work when I get into something I like. My brother and my dad both work that same way. I'd say it borders on being obsessive compulsive. I'll also say it drives my husband nuts. Oh well. I gotta be me or who else would I be?

With this little tidbit of wisdom, take heart. You may not be able to get everything done in one fell swoop. You may not be able to do ten loads of laundry in one day. You can, however, do a couple of loads each day so that by the end of the week, you have little to none left.

Writing books is like that. A chapter a day. A chapter a week. Little by little the monster gets done.

Life is like that. We do a small bit each hour, each day, each week, until we finally reach milestones: love, marriage, children, college degrees, our own busniess. That's what it's all about. The Hokey Pokey of Attainment.

Small increments equal big goals in the end. So next time you feel overwhelmed, just do what you CAN do at the moment and realize you're slowly reaching a much larger goal. Stay on track. Don't stress. Don't worry. That won't get you anywhere at all. Just go along at your own pace.

What do you do to get your monsters done?

Find out more about me here: RabiyahBooks.com
posted by Anastasia Rabiyah @ 2:53 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger Sandy said…

    Ana,
    What you have to say is very true. You can accomplish anything if you just work away at it.

    Sandy

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Us

Forbidden Publications


Check us Out
Previous Post
Archives
Contests 
  • Forbidden Publications
Contests and Winners
  • Forbidden Publications
Design  by

 Moonglade Designs

BLOGGER